Meetings UK in a time of Corona: a safe return to meetings & events
1. We can talk you through the recommended event guidelines, for example: what are safe capacities for your delegate numbers? What hygiene and disinfection regimes are on offer? Can you set up the meeting room yourself? How are the changes affecting catering provisions? Can you attend venue show-
2. When making your events’ bookings we will insist the venue provides the largest meeting space available to ensure your meeting more than complies with adequate social distancing.
3. We will check the cleaning routine for your allocated spaces (we will request the cleaning roster to be shown on the day to the meeting organiser). Additionally, we will ask the venue to confirm how long the function space has been empty prior to your event taking place.
4. We will inform the venue to ensure there is ample hand sanitiser easily accessible for your attendees.
5. Ensure delegate packs, if provided, are single use only; that disposable glasses are provided along with sealed water bottles; that pens/pencils and other items should be non-
6. We will liaise with you to ensure the meeting organiser is aware of their obligation to provide minimum safety requirements in case of infection breakouts during the event. Temperature screening is highly recommended.
7. Event contracts – we can explain to you how you can expect to see these changed in the new times. We will liaise with you and confirm what we can request from the venue to be included on the contract in order to protect your business and colleagues.
8. Cancellation guidance – flexibility will be key in the near future and the events industry is changing to keep delegates safe in these extraordinary times. If you need to amend or cancel contracted events due to changes in environmental circumstances we will ensure the best option is taken.
Contact us if you have any questions: 0870 240 2001